Ormsby Guitars is very proud of the high-end, quality work performed by us and we stand behind our workmanship. Your CustomShop guitar or bass has a limited lifetime non-transferable warranty to the original owner. Standard Series, SemiCustom and Licensed instruments are covered by a one year warranty.
CustomShop instruments include any guitars made to order in our Australian workshop, including, but not limited to: Hypemachines, SX, DC, SC, Sharks, SS, etc. Standard Series and SemiCustom instruments include any instruments build to spec order, and will be clearly marked as such. Licensed instruments include GTR models only and are manufactured by our partners.
This warrants that the guitar will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, subject to the limitations contained herein.
The warranty is extended to the original purchaser only and may not be transferred or assigned to and following owners or purchasers. Used instruments sold through Ormsby Guitars are covered by a limited 3 month warranty.
The warranty does not cover:
* Any instrument worked on by the customer.
* Unauthorized repair services done by any repairman/luthier
* Any instrument that has been altered in any way by the customer or a repairman/luthier.
* Any instrument where the serial number has been removed or modified.
* Any instrument not directly purchased from Ormsby Guitars or an authorised dealer.
* Any damage due to accident, negligence or misuse
* Shipping damage of ANY kind. #1
* Normal “wear and tear,” including but not limited to color fading, discoloration or damage to the original finish, worn frets, worn nut, strings, tuners, hardware and plating including but not limited to gold hardware.
* Any instrument that has be subjected to extremes of humidity and heat or temperature.
* Any instrument that has be subjected to moisture.
* Any adjustments required for personal preference (string height, intonation, tuning, truss rod adjustments, pickup heights, etc)
* Any factory installed electronics or hardware (electronics and hardware are covered by the respective manufacturers, but we increase your warranty to one year if the respective manufacturer's warranty period is less than 12 months).
*Cases, gig bags and/or any merchandise including but not limited to clothing, media, certificates, accessories and tools.
Ormsby Guitars makes no express warranty of any kind whatsoever. All implied warranties are hereby disclaimed and excluded from this warranty.
Ormsby Guitars shall not be liable for any special, indirect consequential, incidental or other similar damage suffered by the purchaser or any third party, including without limitation, damages for loss or profits or business or damage resulting from use or performance of the instrument, whether in contract or in tort, even if we have been advised of such damages. Ormsby Guitars shall not be liable for any expenses, claims or suits, arising out of or relating to any of the forgoing.
If the guitar malfunctions due to faulty materials and workmanship, at the sole discretion of Ormsby Guitars, we may repair the guitar without charge.
All shipping and insurance charges, including any perceived “collector” value, are the sole responsibility or the original owner/purchaser.
Once the guitar arrives at the factory we will determine whether the defect is covered under the terms of this warranty. If it is found to be covered under the warranty, the repair will be done at no cost to the purchaser/original owner. If the repair is not covered under the warranty, you will be given an estimated cost to repair the issue (to the original owner/purchaser).
This warranty applies to all states and territories of Australia. This warranty also includes all international sales.
Circumstances that void this warranty offer:
* An instrument is given to an unauthorised technician for inspection prior to contacting us.
* Attempting to fix an issue yourself, causing more problems.
#1 All instruments that require domestic or international shipping will always be covered for the full value of the shipment. Any damage that occurs during shipping will be covered by the relevant insurance policy. Obviously we are unable to control how your guitar is treated whilst in transit, but we will do our best to ensure it arrives safely. Touch wood, there has been only one minor incident in ten years.
#2 We take great pride in our workmanship and products. It's unfair to discover social media posts regarding a product prior to you contacting us. Thankfully this has never happened, and we hope this continues to allow us to provide the absolute best service possible.